3/13/11

Guest post!!

Today I am doing a blog swap with Natalie from Corduroy Dreams. I am so excited to do this, she is so talented and has such great ideas! I am guest posting for her today so go check it out!


Hey everyone! My name is Natalie, and I blog over at Corduroy Dreams. I am so excited to be guest posting for Trina today. She is so talented and I love to watch her blog for all of the new ideas she comes up with!


I cannot wait for Spring to come. Here in Utah, we've had some REALLY nice days, and it's really given me Spring Fever, so of course, I wanted to add some Spring into my decor. I'm going to show you how to make these really cute Spring Blocks.









Wanna make your own?


You'll need 3 2x2's. Mine were 10, 8, and 6 inches long. If you don't have a saw handy, just ask the Home Depot guys to cut the wood for you. They're awesome!








Make sure to sand off any rough spots and paint the blocks whatever color you want!







Then take some coordinating scrapbook paper and cut it just barely smaller than your blocks and Mod Podge them on the front.







Make sure to smooth out your paper so there aren't any bubbles. I used my brayer, which I love. Or you could use a credit card or rolling pin or whatever.







Then sand the edges to distress your blocks. I used my dad's power sander *swoon*.







Here are my blocks with the paper on front.







I cut some vinyl on my Cricut, but if you don't have a Cricut or a Silhouette, then you can print it off your computer onto your paper, or use some stickers or a stencil.







Once your words are on, put a thin layer of Mod Podge over top so the lettering doesn't come off.







If you want, add some scrapbooking flowers, like I did.


Wrap some raffia or a cute ribbon around the blocks and there you have it! So Springy!


















Make sure you stop by my blog and see all of the things I'm working on. (And I may be hosting a giveaway soon... shhh!)


Thanks for having me, Trina.

Photobucket






That was such a great project! So cute and creative! Make sure you go and check out her blog, it is such a fun blog with awesome projects!!!

1 comment :

  1. Adoro as suas criações , estou sempre por aqui conferindo suas novidades... Parabéns
    beijos
    casadadani.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...